Symphony Education Assistant
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Symphony Education Assistant assists the Symphony Education Manager on all symphony education projects. The symphony assistant posts and manages online registrations/surveys/evaluations for USUO education events and oversees all Tessitura departmental record-keeping and report-making. Additionally, the symphony assistant maintains our education website pages, and creates symphony education social media content. He/she assists in Education outreach events and participates in special projects as needed. He/she sends correspondence, receives RSVPs, and is also often asked to give tours of our buildings, so must be comfortable with addressing groups of people, especially students. Occasional evening and weekend work is required; the regular 40-hour work week will be adjusted when this occurs. Presently this is a one-year position.
WHO SHOULD APPLY: Persons who have excellent organizational and management skills, who can take initiative, who are able to pay strong attention to detail, and who enjoy being part of a collaborative team in which they often play a supportive role. Persons with experience in arts education, and knowledge of symphonic and/or vocal repertoire; a BA in music, fine art, arts administration or communication is preferred.
A working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Suites is necessary for this position. Experience with digital photography, social media, design and website maintenance is helpful. Knowledge of the Tessitura database would be useful.
APPLICATIONS: Send a cover letter and a resumé, with at least 3 references listed, to:
Director of Education & Community Outreach
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
336 North 400 West
Salt Lake City, Utah 84103
Application deadline: August 3, 2018
Employment begins: approximately September 4, 2018
Beginning pay: $13.00 per hour, plus full benefits
336 North 400 West
Salt Lake City UT 84103
Full-time Position, Opera Production
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO), seeks a Production Coordinator, to assist the Opera Production Operations.
Summary of Primary Functions:
Provide administrative support to the Company Manager, Opera Artistic Director, Costume Shop Manager, Technical Director, and Opera Music staff. Assume additional responsibilities and perform special projects as needed or directed.
• Assist in coordination of travel for artists and technical support staff
• Manage Opera Boutique; including training and managing volunteers, managing the budget and inventory, and working in the boutique as needed
• Track all contracts for guest artists, artistic teams and Resident Artists
• Assist in arranging local and national auditions
• Preparation of music for artists; copying and distribution
• Assist in arranging local auditions
• Disseminate all production related information to artists, staff and production team
• Maintain Production Studio room calendar, assist with rental agreements, building tours
• Disseminate and track building keys
• Manage cast parties and opening night hospitalities
• Opera minivan vehicle maintenance and scheduling
• Assist in the preparation and distribution of artist welcome packets
• Provide administrative support as needed
• Bachelor degree
• Minimum 3 year office experience
• Flexibility to work evenings and weekends as needed during performance runs
• Ability to work well under deadline and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent organizational skills
Additional Internship Opportunities
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera accepts interns whenever possible to assist students and new professionals in making informed decisions about careers in the arts. Interested candidates can explore one or more facets of arts operations, administration, education, development and marketing We also offer opera-based production opportunities in our costume shop, scenic design studio and stage management. Internships are unpaid with flexible hours and can be used for academia credit. Interns are assigned to a mentor.