Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) is seeking experienced outbound Sales Associates!
We are looking for friendly and energetic individuals with a genuine passion for music and the arts to maximize ticket revenue through the sale of USUO season subscription packages, and assist in our annual fundraising efforts.
This is a part time position that offers a great deal of flexibility to create your own schedule. Our sales office is located in Bountiful, and our office hours are Monday-Friday from 10:00am-6:00pm; we are closed on Saturday and Sunday. A minimum of 20 hours (maximum 29 hours) is required each week.
Sales Associates are paid an hourly wage and earn weekly bonuses for meeting various individual and team sales goals. The Sales Associate position offers a rewarding and unique opportunity to learn and expand your musical knowledge in a fun and friendly environment. Complimentary tickets to Utah Symphony & Opera performances are another great benefit!
Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Outbound calls selling Utah Symphony | Utah Opera season subscription packages
- Solicit donations from current and past patrons during our year-end Annual Fundraising Campaign
- Cultivate relationships with patrons in order to create repeat business and referrals
- Meet pre-determined goals for ticket sales, promotions, and contributions
- Identify the patron’s needs, present accurate product information and close the sale over the phone
- Keep detailed tracking records of revenue, contacts, calls per hour, and other sales metrics
- Maintain follow-up with patrons as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Sales Manager
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Superior customer service and aptitude towards developing relationships over the phone
- Commitment to setting and achieving goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding organizational, problem-solving and multi-tasking abilities
- Qualified at working independently AND as part of a team
- High level of professionalism and grace under pressure
- Courteous attitude and strong listening skills
- Enthusiastic and positive personality; high energy level
Wig & Make-up Assistant
- Report to Wig and Makeup Designer to discuss nightly tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Application of wigs and theatrical makeup.
- General tasks may include but not limited to: production maintenance, wig and hair styling, cleaning of wig lace, and blocking wigs.
- Must have previous professional experience and/or education working in a theatrical Wig and Makeup Department
- Be able to work in a fast paced, ever-changing work environment and be able to exercise time management skills.
- Capable of working in collaboration with other colleagues on projects and creative solutions.
Patron Loyalty Marketing Manager
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera (USUO) is seeking a creative, outgoing individual with strong direct marketing skills who is also knowledgeable and passionate about classical music and opera to join its marketing team. As USUO’s Patron Loyalty Marketing Manager you will responsible for upgrading a patron’s engagement from a new single ticket buyer to a loyal subscriber/donor through direct marketing, including email and direct mail, and loyalty programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Implement creative strategies that encourage return visits and subscription purchases for the Utah Symphony, Utah Opera and Deer Valley® Music Festival.
Take ownership of and report on loyalty metrics including customer retention, subscription renewal rates, subscription packages and revenue, subscriber/donor rate, and lifetime value. Measure, analyze and interpret results of direct marketing campaigns.
Understand the patron continuum in detail and develop strategies to move single ticket buyers to multi-ticket buyers to subscribers and eventually subscribing-donors.
Define customer segmentation and financial goals for retention and subscription campaigns. Pull mail and email lists from Tessitura. Design and implement marketing campaigns to target these segments. Coordinate campaign efforts with the Sales Manager.
Work collaboratively with the front of house manager, development department, and others in the organization to implement strategies that increase patron satisfaction, engagement, repeat purchase, and lifetime value.
Plan and execute direct marketing efforts to patrons in our database, including the following:
The annual subscription renewal and acquisition campaign.
Posters and materials (i.e. brochures) promoting subscriptions at performances.
Direct mail campaigns for single ticket sales and subscriptions.
Automatic/triggered email communication programs aimed at delivering highly relevant messages to patrons (i.e. pre-concert emails, post-concert emails, etc).
Email marketing campaigns (i.e. upcoming performance promotional emails, targeted email blasts, and subscription campaign emails)
Coordinate with the Website Manager to develop and implement campaigns on our websites for subscriptions and customer retention. Acquire subscribers and grow email lists. Oversee the content for “Plan Your Experience” sections on the website including parking, lodging, and restaurants.
Prepare creative briefs and write advertising copy for campaigns. Collaborate with graphic designers to design materials for campaigns.
Create and implement surveys to gather feedback from patrons.
Optimize campaigns through A/B testing.
Obtain bids from printers. Manage printing and mailing for projects.
Qualifications and Capabilities
- Bachelor degree in Management, Marketing, Communication or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience with loyalty or subscription marketing.
- Demonstrated commitment to USUO’s values of excellence, integrity, trust and communication.
- Experience marketing events to consumers using direct mail, email, web and other channels.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Data analysis and database marketing experience
- Understanding of the fundamentals of direct response marketing
- Experience working with Tessitura an advantage
- Passionate and knowledgeable about classical music and opera.
Opera Chorus Master
The Opera Chorus Master serves as a member of the Artistic Staff and Production team to prepare the Opera Chorus for up to five productions each season. The Chorus Master will be primarily responsible for Chorus development and recruitment – including organizing auditions – and will play an important role in Utah Opera’s long-term artistic planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Create and maintain the Chorus Rehearsal Schedule;
- Conduct Music Rehearsals for the Chorus;
- Make available to Chorus members scores, pronunciation aids, and other materials needed for success;
- Attend all Staging and Orchestra Rehearsals;
- Attend all Performances;
- Attend post-rehearsal production meetings as necessary;
- Audition and staff Chorus Rosters for upcoming season productions;
- Manage Library of Chorus Scores;
- Act as a liaison between Guest Conductors and Orchestral Library Staff;
Other Possible Duties
- Provide general assistance to Guest Conductors during production periods;
- Serve as a cover conductor in the event that a Guest Conductor is unable to fill his/her place on the podium;
- Participate in Company Auditions
Qualifications and Capabilities
Doctoral or Master’s Degree in Choral Music, Opera, and/or a related field, and have at least 4 years’ experience in Choral conducting – 2 years specifically for Opera; superb work ethic, good organizational skills and ability to work independently; strong communication skills with experience in conflict resolution a plus; competent computer skills including Word, Excel, and Outlook; ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends;
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include Life Insurance, Health, 401(k), and Sick and Vacation time accrual.
Applicants should send Cover Letter, Resume with References, and (other materials) to:
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera
Attn: Mandi Titcomb
336 North 400 West
Salt Lake City, UT 84103
Position to begin on or before August 31, 2017. Application Deadline: June 30, 2017
Scenic Change Artist
The Scenic Charge Artist works in conjunction with the Senior Technical Director. Duties for this position include but are not limited to:
- Creating samples for approval by Scenic designers
- Mixing all color
- Paint and surface treatment on all scenic elements
- Carving or otherwise sculpting scenic elements such as stone, tree bark, etc.
- All necessary surface texturing
- Applying protective coatings where necessary
- Supervising additional staff
- Maintaining the safety, order, and cleanliness of all paint areas
- Maintaining all paint equipment
- Assist in the bidding process for company builds and outside contracts
Patron Services Agent
- Assist in the selling of subscription packages, subscriber add=on tickets, and single tickets.
- Assist patrons with ticket exchanges in accordance with USUO policy.
- Identify patrons who are potential high-value subscribers (i.e. Abravanel and/or Peterson Society members) or group sales prospects and provide customer information to Patron Services and Group Sales Managers.
- Process subscription forms submitted by USUO Outbound Sales office
- Perform data entry projects as assigned
- Attend performances and perform performance duty during evenings and weekends as required
- Perform follow-up calls to patrons that may include special offers
- Assist with other special marketing and development projects as needed
Public Relations Internship
- Writing press releases
- Creating talking points to prep USUO executive for on air/camera interviews
- Writing PSAs (public service announcements)
- Submit PSAs to community calendars
- Interviewing guest artists/conductors
- Writing stories for publication on blog, playbill and social media
- Assisting in social media execution on platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Research and content production for patron relations project
- Creating, updating and maintaining media lists
- Monitoring and tracking media clips in an organized manner
- Pitching regional stories to local publications
- Conceptualizing and pitching unique story angles and human interest stories to media
Additional Internship Opportunities
Utah Symphony | Utah Opera accepts interns whenever possible to assist students and new professionals in making informed decisions about careers in the arts. Interested candidates can explore one or more facets of arts operations, administration, education, development and marketing We also offer opera-based production opportunities in our costume shop, scenic design studio and stage management. Internships are unpaid with flexible hours and can be used for academia credit. Interns are assigned to a mentor.